American Professional Wound Care Association 2023 Annual Conference
The American Professional Wound Care Association® (APWCA) is a non-profit medical association welcoming medical providers from all disciplines involved in prevention and treatment of difficult wounds.
Through a synergy of disciplines, APWCA has been a worldwide leader in clinician advocacy and education for the prevention and treatment of acute and chronic wounds since 2001.
This association provides an informational and educational forum for healthcare providers, while promoting excellence in wound healing and patient advocacy.
Membership is open to physicians and allied medical specialists who are involved in treating patients with non-healing or complex wounds. These include: a
nesthesiologist/pain management, diabetologists/endocrinologists, general surgeons, infectious disease specialists, internists, wound care nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nutritionists, orthopedists, pedorthists, physical therapists, plastic surgeons, podiatrists, vascular surgeons, and all specialists involved in the management of wounds and the related complications.
The mission of the American Professional Wound Care Association is to lead the prevention and treatment of acute and chronic wounds with an inter-professional commitment of optimal patient care, education and advocacy.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
* Explain and assess wound etiology including metabolic and mechanical factors and related comorbidities.
* Identify risk factors, general diagnostics and treatment strategies to prevent skin ulcers.
* Propose treatment options for ulcers of all etiologies including pressure, diabetic, vascular and ischemic.
* Recognize surgical and non-surgical wound management techniques and discuss various topical treatments and adjunctive wound therapies.
* Describe contemporary approaches in the treatment of skin and wound issues in all patient populations.
Source: Event Website
Source : Event Website
Future and Past Event Dates
More Nursing Events
Mar 07, 2023
Mar 09, 2023
Mar 13, 2023
San Antonio, Texas
2023 Annual Assembly of Hospice and Palliative Care - (formerly 2023 AAHPM & HPNA Annual Assembly - American Academy Of Hospice And Palliative Medicine & Hospice And Palliative Nurses Association)
Mar 22, 2023